Sheffield Botanical Gardens

The Sheffield Botanical Gardens were designed in 1834 by famed landscape designer Robert Marnock and established in 1836 by a group of residents concerned about the lack of open spaces in the city; an estimated 12,000 visited the Gardens in its opening year. Today, most of the site's original design has been preserved and the Gardens are a Grade II listed English Heritage site of special historic and architectural interest, most notably the glass pavilions situated at the brow of the Gardens and the bear pit.

Popular Posts